Job Title: Digital Media & Communications Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
Time Commitment: Full-Time
About FUSE Corps
Cities are facing some of the most crucial challenges of our time. Through our executive fellowship program, FUSE Corps partners with civic leaders to identify key strategic challenges and recruits experienced leaders who spend a year working in local government to address those challenges. FUSE fellows are uniquely positioned to achieve transformative impact across issues areas such as education, health, social services, economic development, public safety, and the environment.
Since FUSE was founded in the San Francisco Bay Area five years ago, it has grown quickly in response to mounting demand from cities across the country. We plan to expand toward placing 100 fellows in 25 cities every year, and widely communicating the impact of their work.
FUSE is at an exciting stage in its organizational development. In addition to expanding the size and geographic diversity of our fellowship program, we are embracing the communications function as a core strategy for achieving impact. To that end, we are increasingly focused on distilling and sharing the insights and learnings of our city partners and fellows in order to inspire city leaders to reimagine how to take on their challenges. FUSE recognizes that, to effect widespread systemic change, we can share stories of innovative best practices, and use thought-leadership to help build momentum around a growing movement of leaders who are reinventing government.
To help us realize this goal, FUSE is seeking to hire a passionate, motivated, and skilled digital media and marketing associate who will report directly to the Director of Impact Communications. Charged with helping to support and build the organization’s communications function, the associate will produce and execute successful digital media campaigns; support developing social media content following brand guidelines for all FUSE social media channels; track analytics; develop content for a regularly published newsletter; support the collection and synthesis of reports, data, and evidence related to published articles, blogs, videos, and podcasts; and keep FUSE current on communications, marketing and social media best practices, platforms and tools to inform our digital strategy.
This multi-talented team player will also help support the production of a regular drumbeat of published content through research, writing, and multimedia content development.
What You Will Do
• Work with the Director of Impact Communications to support creating content on multiple platforms.
• Develop a social media calendar, and manage day-to-day execution, monitor performance and reporting.
• Create written and visual content and creative assets for all social media channels and other marketing efforts as needed, including newsletter, website, blog, etc.
• Support development and management of all digital channels.
• Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Assist with production of marketing plans/programs to meet objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
• Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy across a variety of channels.
• Support production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
• Coordinate vendor contracting and invoicing.
What You Will Bring
• Experience in producing digital program and/or services marketing.
• Experience in current best practices in social media platforms, engagement analytics tools, and integrated marketing campaigns.
• Experience in using email marketing software, specifically MailChimp, and managing marketing lists.
• Experience with digital marketing and data analysis, including paid social media campaigns.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Skills in using multimedia software, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, and Final Cut Pro.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Pro-active, self-motivated problem solver.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with small, cohesive team.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that answers the following questions to [email protected]
1. What are the top trends in digital marketing that you believe will most affect FUSE Corps in the coming year?
2. Describe a social media campaign that you successfully led. What was its impact and what metrics did you use to measure success?
3. Based on what you see are FUSE Corps’ public social media profiles, what do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of our current outreach efforts?
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
FUSE Fellow Joins City of Philadelphia to Aid with Development and Execution of Citywide Workforce Strategy
Meeting of the Minds: What They Learned
Collaboration In Action: Here’s What It Takes