The position of Contract Recruiter is an opportunity for a skilled recruiting professional to apply strong search acumen to work that will have a unique and lasting impact on the communities served by FUSE. Reporting to the Director of Recruiting, you will help execute an innovative, efficient, and results-oriented system for managing multiple concurrent executive searches. The searches to find these candidates will vary dramatically as you work to identify those candidates with unique skill sets well suited to address each cities’ most pressing challenges around equitable recovery.
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that enables local government to more effectively address the most pressing challenges facing urban communities. In pursuit of this mission, FUSE runs an executive-level fellowship program in civic innovation that is focused on accelerating cross-sector collaboration and community-based problem solving. FUSE partners with city leaders to identify key strategic challenges and then recruits entrepreneurial professionals who spend a year working in local government to address those challenges. Typically FUSE Executive Fellows have on average 15-20 years of professional experience and are uniquely qualified for their individual projects as well as the program as a whole. Executive Fellows are uniquely positioned to achieve transformative impact across issues areas such as education, health, social services, economic development, public safety, and the environment.
In the coming months, FUSE will be launching an equitable recovery initiative in response to COVID-19 and its economic consequences, as well as the nation’s current reckoning around racial, social, and economic justice. Working with cities throughout the country, FUSE will be placing Executive Fellows who can work on structural and system changes that will reduce disparities and accelerate economic recovery by focusing on issues that will have the greatest long-term impact for local residents. Focus areas include living wage jobs, affordable housing, access to healthcare, education/childcare, and justice reform.
For more information about FUSE Corps, please visit https://fusecorps.org/.
As the Contract Recruiter you will manage multiple simultaneous, full-life cycle recruitment projects which will place Executive Fellows with FUSE partners throughout the country. Acting as the dedicated point of contact for these searches, you will execute the FUSE recruitment process in the interest of ensuring excellent candidate experience and client satisfaction. The FUSE recruitment process requires you to skillfully manage expectations and provide consistent and effective communication to all stakeholders in the search, including candidates, internal team members and FUSE partners as appropriate. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Review documentation and information available for each fellowship project to gain understanding of the project requirements including understanding and communicating the fundamental equity considerations within the project to candidates.
- Design and execute a sourcing plan for each project to produce a diverse pool of candidates well-qualified to fulfill the requirements of each role.
- Contribute as needed for assigned projects to recruitment marketing strategy including the social media recruiting plan, the referral program and the optimization of recruitment marketing materials.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with all applicants for assigned projects who represent the experience, core competencies and motivations of an Executive Fellow, even if those candidates are not selected for the current cohort.
- Manage and participate in the candidate selection process, including application reviews, phone interviews and video interviews, reference checks, and notifications of selection status.
- Manage and record all steps of the recruitment process, all communications with candidates and each instance of candidate management in the FUSE Applicant Tracking System.
- Analyze recruiting reports daily and weekly to ensure on-time progression of your projects, adjust priorities and work plan accordingly. Elevate critical concerns regarding pipeline and project progress to the Recruiting Director appropriately.
- Commitment to FUSE’s mission and a belief in the power of cross-sector collaboration and civic innovation to positively impact society’s biggest challenges particularly on issues of race and equity.
- 8-10 years of experience in recruiting and/or talent acquisition, with a track record of success in all stages of full life-cycle recruitment, and a demonstrated ability to manage searches comparable to the requirements of this role in reference to the number and level of position.
- Superior level of experience using LinkedIn and other job search services like job boards and alumni career services.
- Ability to leverage the reporting and analytical capabilities of an Applicant Tracking System, and/or Customer Relations Management platform. Experience with Crelate is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, bolstered by a strong attention to detail and ability to follow up and follow through to meet aggressive deadlines. Ability to plan, manage, and track projects and to communicate about them with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an understanding of how to synthesize complex information and clearly convey to a diverse array of candidates and other stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships with a candidates and members of the FUSE team.
- Ability to work with a small team and within a resource-constrained environment, always maintaining a focus on the organization’s needs and strategic priorities. Ready and willing to shift gears as needed to reach objectives and to do so as a part of a highly collaborative team.
Role: Contract Recruiter
Time: Part time, estimated 25-30 hours per week on average
Duration: October 2020 through January 2021 with potential to extend through June 2021
Report To: Director of Recruiting
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
To apply, please compose a compelling cover letter addressed to Ceantel Rubin, Director of Recruiting, and submit along with a detailed resume.