FUSE is looking for a Marketing Associate to support and work across the organization on efforts related to sales, fundraising, recruiting, program support, storytelling, and alumni engagement. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Associate will help support various campaigns and outreach efforts as well as produce, distribute, and track analytics across various social media channels, newsletters, and other communications platforms.
FUSE Corps is currently a fully virtual organization and this position can be based remotely from anywhere in the United States.
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that is dedicated to freeing our country from social and economic barriers to opportunities that have been perpetuated by a history of systemic and institutionalized racism. We partner with local governments and communities to more effectively address pressing challenges by placing experienced professionals in city and county agencies. These FUSE Executive Fellows lead strategic projects that are designed to accelerate progress and advance racial equity.
Each fellow is selected through a dedicated executive search to ensure they have the competencies needed to achieve the goals of their specific project over the course of at least one-year of full-time work as FUSE employees. FUSE Executive Fellows are experienced professionals who are representative of, and deeply connected to, the communities they serve. We provide our fellows and local partners with training, coaching, networking, and professional support to ensure that they are able to achieve their greatest potential for impact. Since 2012, FUSE has led over 250 projects in 40 cities and counties across 18 states, improving the lives of more than 20 million people.
Our program is focused on issues such as workforce development, affordable housing, public health, educational access, criminal justice reform, and climate resilience. FUSE works to break down barriers between governments and the people they serve. We foster public-private partnerships, use human-centered design to engage the community in policymaking, and create more equitable outcomes. We encourage sustainable culture change within government agencies with a particular focus on making data-driven and results-based decisions. We also utilize storytelling to share the insights from our work so that we can inspire civic leaders to think and act differently in their pursuit of systemic change.
For more info: https://www.fusecorps.org
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Associate will support various campaigns and outreach efforts designed to increase the awareness of our work among prospective government partners, foundations, and candidates for the fellowship program. As one of the key goals of the Marketing & Communications function is to support the work of all other departments at FUSE, the Associate will have the opportunity to work across the organization on efforts related to sales, fundraising, recruiting, program support, storytelling, and alumni engagement. The Associate will help to produce, distribute, and track analytics across various social media channels, newsletters, and other communications platforms.
What You Will Do
- Create written and visual content and creative assets for marketing campaigns, including all social media channels, collateral, newsletter, website, blog, etc.
- Support the regular creation and posting of content about our fellowship projects and their impact for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
- Build FUSE’s social media following through creative campaigns, manage day-to-day execution of those campaigns, and monitor performance analytics and reporting, using A/B testing to assess the effectiveness of different messages.
- Support search engine optimization and limited online advertising investments.
- Coordinate vendor contracting, support vendor project management, and oversee invoicing.
- Assist in mining, organizing, and managing media contacts.
- Proactively problem solve and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with a small, tight-knit team.
- Help design and implement strategies and new approaches to achieving the goals of the Marketing & Communications function, as well as the organization as a whole.
What You Will Bring
- Experience in building a social media following and knowledge of current best practices in social media, engagement analytics tools, and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience with digital marketing and data analysis, including paid social media campaigns.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying close attention to details.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in using email marketing software, specifically MailChimp, managing marketing lists, and growing newsletter following.
- Proficient in WordPress, Salesforce, Dropbox, and Google Docs. Knowledge of graphic design platforms such as Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud would be a plus.
Please go to https://www.fusecorps.org/about/fuse-jobs/ and click on the associated job description to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.